Only 4 days left and my time in USA is over. This means a whole new journey starts. Nicaragua!
24.03.2013 - 31.03.2013 23 °C
Why a new world?
- It's after Haiti the poorest country of Latin America.
- There are vulcano's on the west-coast.
- Tropical rainforest on the east coast
- The current President Ortega started the civil war which ended in 1990.
- It's around 40 degrees celcius.
I am really curious how my adventure will be overthere. I will keep you updated!
Next to my prepare of Nicaragua, I am looking back on a great and inspiring time in the USA. My focus was to meet inspiring people and companies. This challenge is 100% fullfilled. All the different meetings gave me new ideas and help to start up a new challenge when I am returning.
Dreamworks and South Park Studios
The last week I found my way in the designer world.
A visit at the Dreamworks company with Hamish Grieve. He is a designer and storywirter of movies like Shrek, Sharktale and was head of story at the new animation movie Rise of the Guardians. Besides this meeting I talked with one the first designers of South Park. For 17 years he works at the South Park Studios and think about cool characters and rude jokes
In addition to these meetings I watched for a couple days the house of Hamish and Mylissa Grieve and was looking after their dog. These days I had enough time to think back at all those different meetings. It's the art of taking useful learning out of it and use it for my own future. Today I am leaving the house and return to David and Trisha. The last days will be cool because Tuesday I will rent a car for a meeting near San Diego and Wednesday I will watch a ballgame of the LA Dodgers.
Hereby a summary of all the cool meetings during my trip:
1. Vancouver Canucks (Vancouver)
2. Fresh Air Cinema (Vancouver)
3. Invoke Media (Vancouver)
4. SIP North West (Seattle)
5. Gary J. Taylor - attorney (Seattle)
6. Bar/Restaurant West 5 (Seattle)
7. Angella Smalley - marketer (Seattle)
8. Marketing agency Copacino (Seattle)
9. Bamboo sushi (Portland)
10. Portland Timbers (Portland)
11. SHN Musical Theatre (San Francisco)
12. Emotive Brand (Oakland)
13. Youtube (San Bruno)
14. Herbalife (Los Angeles)
15. Dreamworks (Los Angeles)
16. South Park Studios (Los Angeles)
17. Hollywood Outdoor Movies - coming Tuesday (near San Diego)